I’d like to say a big “THANK YOU” TO lostgirl17site (hopefully I did the links right – I’m still new at this!) https://wordpress.com/read/feeds/73413001 for nominating me for the Liebster award! I am beyond grateful for the nomination. I love reading her blog because she captures emotions incredibly well. Her raw honesty reminds me of my teenage self, except that she is much stronger than I was then.
My favorite blogger is beautybeyondbones.com (https://wordpress.com/read/feeds/36990166)
Her writing is so incredibly open and honest, it makes me feel like I’m talking with a friend. Her story is an “out of the ashes” one. Though I have not personally experienced anorexia, I love the fact that she is a role model to those who have. To everyone else, she is an amazing writer who relates on so many levels the experiences she is going through. Her perspective is ever-changing, and she’s full of introspection, a trait that I believe all good communicators possess.
Questions from Lostgirl17site.
1) why did you start blogging? The “official” reason I started my blog in October because I’m in the process of publishing my first book and the publisher recommended I begin blogging to develop an online presence to connect with readers. The reality is, however, that I’ve been “blogging” on a small scale through email with a small group of people supporting me on a life journey to a healthier life. Through a weekly newsletter, I “blogged” on a variety of topics and was told I should do it more often. As I started blogging on WordPress, I was impressed by the sense of community and encouragement that everyone provides to everyone else – what a wonderful way to foster creativity!
2) last time you cried? why? Over the weekend. Over the past month or so, various people with whom I am acquainted (some closer than others) have been impacted by very sudden and unexpected loss of lives of people close to them. Over this past weekend, in our community, a 12-year-old girl in our middle school collapsed of a cardiac arrest at our school’s last home football game of the season. She is currently in a coma at Children’s Hospital. My heart is devastated for her family.
3) why do you write? Or what made you start writing? I actually started writing many years ago as a means to communicate my sadness. I thought no one else would understand me, so I wrote to myself and shared with no one. I recently discovered my early journals, and realized that there are many bloggers who are going through what I went through – some have emerged stronger and are sharing their victory stories with others, and others are still reaching out through their passionate words. I continue to write to share with those who have not yet discovered that there IS hope; they CAN emerge stronger than they ever thought they were.
4) who is the most important person in your life? Jesus is the most important person in my life. I hit a point in my life where I knew I was nothing without Him. In addition to Jesus, my husband, three children, mother, and many other friends and family are incredibly important to me.
5) what are your views on body shaming? Body shaming, or, quite honestly any other type of shaming of another human being is cruel and heartless. Very often, however, I find that hurting people hurt people. I dare say that those who engage in berating other human beings are, in some way, trying to feel better about themselves, and believe that, by putting someone else down, they are in some way elevating themselves. I wish, for all the world, that I could heal the hurt caused by someone else in this way. In the same way, I wish that, for the offender, that I could remove the hurt and shame in their life that caused them to lash out to hurt someone else. I believe that we are, indeed, created in God’s image, and, as such, should never participate in putting others down for any reason.
6) if you could have one superpower what would it be? My superpower would be teleporting so I could travel all over this beautiful earth.
7) what qualities do you look for in your life partner? Compassion and understanding, quiet strength, and, above all else, someone who “gets” me.
8) what is love to you? Have you ever been in love? Love is an idyllic state – true love is not a feeling, but a deep commitment we have for one another that transcends superficial infatuation. True love is hard to find, but if you’re lucky enough to find it, never let it go. John 15:!3 “greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.”
9) whats your favorite song? Why? Don’t Stop Believing (Journey) – fun to play, fun to sing, crowds love it
Q10) your favorite blogger? Why? There are so many to choose from, it’s hard to pick just one. If I had to pick just one, I would probably say beautybeyondbones.com because of her raw honesty as she, too, journeys through life.
Ten Random Facts about me:
- I started playing the piano at the age of 4
- I once turned down an opportunity to play keyboards in a band on a cruise ship.
- I have a degree in electrical engineering, though music is my passion
- I married my high school sweetheart, and we are still together. I’ve been with him longer than I’ve been without him.
- I am an introvert, though no one seems to believe me.
- I love scary movies.
- My biggest desire is to make a positive impact on people’s lives.
- I can laugh at myself, which is good because I embarrass myself regularly.
- I still have my original teddy bear. His name is “Teddy”
- I love roller coasters and thrill rides.
- Running to win https://wordpress.com/read/feeds/72284409
- Thethoughtfulbrain https://thethoughtfulbrainblog.wordpress.com/2017/10/20/thoughtful/
- Makafui’s Journal: https://wordpress.com/read/blogs/136926569
- Following my Bliss to Blessings and Beyond https://wordpress.com/read/blogs/53362591
- Walks in Glory https://wordpress.com/read/blogs/50411718
. So, my fellow bloggers, Here are the rules for accepting the Liebster award:
- Create a new post thanking the person who nominated you, links their blog. Include award graphic.
- Answer the questions provided.
- Make a new set of 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate 10 others and share your post with them so they see it.
MY QUESTIONS ARE:
1) What is your purpose in writing
2) Who is your biggest inspiration?
3) What breaks your heart?
4) What would you consider your defining moment in life?
5) If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be and why?
6) Name one trait that you believe is important in a significant other
7) Where do you turn when you feel helpless?
8) Have you ever had someone pray for you? If so, for what? If not, what would you want to be prayed for?
Q9) What are your future writing plans?
Q10) Your favorite blogger? Why?